One of Europe’s largest startup competitions within agrifood
EIT Food is one of the largest food-related initiatives worldwide. This year, EIT Food has chosen Aarhus as one of 17 different European locations to hold the EIT Food Innovation Prize competition, Europe’s largest startup pitch competition in the agrifood vertical. Danish Food Cluster, Danish Food Innovation & EIT Food’s partner, Aarhus University, will host the EIT Food Innovation prize competition.
Up to 10 early stage startups will be selected from a pool of applicants for the opportunity to pitch their company to a carefully selected jury consisting of leading industry experts, for the chance to win 10,000 euro. Participating startups will get a portion of their travel expenses covered to attend the pitch competition in Aarhus on 6th September.
Then you should apply now, for the chance to win €10,000. Aside from the winning the prize money, the event is also a unique opportunity to connect with the Nordic food ecosystem, which consists of world renowned companies including Chr. Hansen, Arla and Carlsberg. This is also a key event to meet with potential collaborators and international investors, who will be in Aarhus for the DK Food Week.
So, now the simple question is:
Do you want to meet investors, potential collaboration partners and get the chance to win
The requirements: Who can apply?
- You must be a resident, citizen or legal entity based in an EU Member State or associated countries
- Your products or services must align with one or more of EIT Food’s strategic objectives:
- Making the food system better for people’s health
- Making the food system better for the environment
- Making the food system more trusted and transparent
- This programme is for early-stage entrepreneurs and startups. If you have raised large amounts of investment (i.e. more than 100,000 euro) or have large revenue streams (i.e. more than 50,000 euro), this Prize is probably not for you.
Apply for EIT Food Startup Innovation Prize
How to apply
We want to make it as easy as possible for you as a startup to apply for the EIT Food Innovation Prize taking place in Aarhus. Therefore, we have created a guide to help you through the application process. If you have any questions or need help, please contact Helle Friis at email@example.com
- Click on this link
- Scroll down to the middle of the page and find the green button that says “Apply Now”
- Create a user
- Fill out the questions about your company
- When you reach the block with the headline “Questions”
- At the first question please indicate your country of residency (all citizens of a European country can apply).
- At the second question where it says: “*Please indicate the country of the Demo Day you will attend”, it is important that you write “Denmark” if you want to participate in the competition taking place in Denmark. Any European citizen can choose to participate in the competition taking place in Denmark at the event in Aarhus. As illustrated in the picture below.
The practical stuff
12th May: If you as an entrepreneur or startup want to apply for the EIT Food Innovation Prize, you need to apply before the 12th of may.
6th September: If you are chosen to pitch at the EIT Food Innovation Prize, and you have chosen the demo date to be in Denmark, then the 6th September will be the day you pitch in front of the jury in Aarhus.
If you have other questions take a look at the FAQ on EIT Food Innovation Prize’s own page (find the FAQ by scrolling to the middle of the page).